Dalen Hotel located in the heart of Telemark is a unique adventure hotel from 1894 built in the Norwegian dragon style. With 49 rooms, a majestic hall, historic lounges and a fine dining restaurant in original condition, Dalen Hotel is one of Norway’s most distinctive hotels. The hotel is open seasonally from April to October and has its high season during the summer months.
Since the hotel’s opening in 1894, Restaurant Bandak has had French cuisine and a classic serving style to meet the needs of Europe’s rich and famous that frequented the hotel. The restaurant experience is still one of the great highlights for guests visiting the iconic Dalen Hotel.
We are looking for ambitious sommeliers to take the restaurant team at the well-known fairytale hotel Dalen Hotel to new hights.
As sommelier you work closely with the restaurant manager to ensure that the wine program is up to standard. You will be coordinating orders of wine, setting daily wine packages, adding new wines for the wine list, and storing. There is also a daily wine tasting with our hotel guests that you will be responsible for. During service you will assist the other chef de rang with wine recommendation and serving.
- Experience from similar positions
- High competence in etiquette and classic fine dining
- Great attention to detail
- Knowledge and genuine interest in food and drinks
- Good collaboration skills and is solution-oriented
- Structured and responsibile
- An exciting work environment on one of Norway’s most famous and renowned tourism products
- A possibility to work with a highly professional and motivated team
- Staff housing
- Competitive conditions
- Staff benefits at NHG´’s hotels, and at De Historiske Hotel og Spisesteder
- Good development and career opportunities in a growing company
- Work in what might be Norway’s most beautiful surroundings
The hotel is owned by Norwegian Hospitality Group AS, which also owns and operates 6 other hotels in the Oslofjord region and Strömstad in Sweden. After the end of the season at Dalen, there are good opportunities for development and further work in the group.
Starting date: 20.04.2022
More information regarding this position and other vacant positions on our webpage.